Creating Your Perfect Day
Can you imagine that in just a few days it will be August?
Have you gotten around to doing all the things that you said you would do this summer?
Have you had that “perfect” summer day?
I am big believer in creating perfect days! Although it tends to happen more when I am on vacation or weekends, a few times a month I religiously wake up and declare “Let’s have a perfect day.”
Now I know that some people tend to shudder at the word “perfect” since being a perfectionist or trying to get things “perfect” has caused them pain or utter exhaustion. So, when I talk about a “perfect day,” it is not about some ideal of perfection or creating a day with moments that look picture perfect on Instagram. It’s about creating a day that is perfect for you and the people partaking in your perfect day.
So, what does it take to create a perfect day? Below are some of my essential ingredients.
Essential Ingredient #1: Set an Intention
An intention is a mandate. It is a commitment you make to yourself and sometimes with others to manifest a certain result. To set the stage for your perfect day you must declare it. If others are in, great. If not, let them do their own thing. The intention to create a perfect day needs to be desired and shared by all involved since the mandate to have a perfect day acts as a true north and the organizing principle for all.
Essential Ingredient #2: Make a Plan
Once your intention is set, you need to make a plan. All the conversation about “having a perfect day” is just wishful thinking unless you ground it in action. “Perfect days” don’t need to be expensive, filled with activities, or anything “big” or life-changing. Most of my perfect days generally involve either being outside and active or staying in bed, snuggling, and binge-watching something on TV.
As you’re planning your perfect day, it’s not only important to figure out what, where, with whom, and when, but I encourage you to think about how. How do you want to feel as you go through or at the end of your day? Do you want to feel full, overflowing with love, nurtured, or excited? If you think about the most extraordinary days in your life, it wasn’t so much about what you did but how you felt that made them so memorable.
Essential Ingredient #3: Be Aware of Your Level of Consciousness
Perfect days are largely determined by the level of consciousness you bring to each and every moment of that day. If you check out, start looking for what’s wrong or isn’t working, or stress about the small stuff, chances are your perfect day won’t look and feel that perfect. But the good news is that at any moment we have the power to choose our level of consciousness. At any moment we have the power to:
- look at what’s right instead of what’s wrong,
- stop dwelling in the past or worrying about the future and bring ourselves present, and
- focus on the big picture instead of any minor annoyances.
Transformation is a shift in consciousness. When you choose to veer off of the level of consciousness that you have been operating from and move to a different level of consciousness, your vibration shifts and your life and the world look different. To keep your perfect day going perfectly, consistently ask yourself,
“What level of consciousness am I bringing to this moment?”
and let that answer be the springboard for turning a moment of despair into a moment of delight.
So while you are still enjoying some of the slower days of summer, I invite you to join me in creating some perfect days. It is a great tradition to start with your family as well as a beautiful act of self-care!
Be sure and let me know how it goes!
Transformational Action Steps
(1) Set an intention: Wake up one morning and declare “Today’s going to be a perfect day!” Whether it’s just you or with a family member, see who’s in or out, and set the intention to make your perfect day happen.
(2) Make your plan: Think about what you want to do, where you want to go, whom you want to be with, what you want to eat or drink. You can plan in advance or take the day as it comes. If you do decide to be more in the moment, then continue to ask yourself, “What would be the most loving, nurturing, enjoyable, and perfect thing I/we can do in this moment?” and let those answers lead.
(3) Be aware of your level of consciousness: Notice what level of consciousness you are bringing to every moment. Practice operating from different levels. If you see your enthusiasm start to diminish or if the nay-sayer in you starts to come forth, ask yourself “What level of consciousness am I bringing to this moment?” and consciously practice replacing one level of consciousness with another.
If you truly want to live beyond your limits and step in infinite possibilities, then I invite you to join me and some of the world’s greatest visionaries and manifesters for “Global Gathering 2019 – The Summer of Infinite Potential” August 23rd to 26th in Phoenix, Arizona. I can promise you that after 3 days with this amazing group of people you will feel turned on, lit up and ready to claim your power, expand your possibilities and transform your life!